My name is Jennifer Edwards and I am the Program Director of Abba Unlimited, LLC. I have been a certified Home and Community Services (HCS) waiver provider in Texas since 2008. Since February 2013, we also formed Abba Unlimited, LLC. That is the company name in which we are listed in the HCS Provider Directory with DADS and the Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authorities.
Our mission is to serve individuals with love, dignity and respect in the environment of their choice. We have a strong faith that each individual has been created for a special purpose and we enjoy helping others live to their fullest potential, emphasizing their gifts.
WHAT IS THE HCS WAIVER AND PROGRAM?
The HCS waiver is a Texas Medicaid program administered by the Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS). The program provides individualized services and supports to people with intellectual disabilities who are living with their families, in their own homes or in other community settings, such as small group homes where no more than four people live. The local authority provides service coordination.
- You can of be any age.
- You must qualify for care in an intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability or related conditions (ICF/IID).
- You must have a determination of an intellectual disability in accordance with state law or have a diagnosis of a related condition with an IQ of 75 or below.
- You cannot be enrolled in another waiver program.
- Your income and resources may not exceed specified limits.
HOW DO I ENROLL IN THE PROGRAM?
- Contact your Local ID Authority. You may find out who your Local ID Authority is by clicking here: Find my Authority
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE HCS PROGRAM?